Hillary Clinton Charged The Boys and Girls Club $200k Then Snubbed The Kids…

(Screenshot credit, The Last Refuge)

(Screenshot credit, The Last Refuge)

June 17, 2015

Daily Mail: Hat Tip The Last Refuge:

Hillary Clinton reportedly charged a Boys and Girls Club chapter $200,000 for an appearance, then left the premise without saying hello to children who benefit from the program.

The massive fee, which she donated back to her family foundation, was the largest the Long Beach, California, organization had ever paid a public figure for a speech, Politico reports.

By contrast, the club made $106,000 off the lunchtime, charity event – it’s lowest yield in 25 years. A contributing factor to the diminished proceeds: Clinton’s large entourage that took up seats that would have otherwise been sold to donors.

The details of the 2014 closed-press event were published in a Politico report today that cites a volunteer with the group as the source of the unflattering information.

Normally, speakers donate much of their honorariums back to the small, non-profit that has an annual operating budget of just $3 million.

The former secretary of state redirected her check to the Clinton Foundation, which raked in $262 million in 2013, according to a Washington Post assessment released earlier this year following the group’s latest disclosures.

That puts them in the ‘top ranks’ of non-profits when it comes to fundraising, expert Steven Lawrence of the Foundation Center told the Post.

That year, the global charity had an operating budget of nearly $84.6 million,CNN reported, with nearly 10 percent, $8.1 million, going toward travel and a sliver, $9 million, going to direct aid.

‘It seems like the Clinton Foundation operates as a slush fund for the Clintons,’ Bill Allison, a senior fellow at the Sunlight Foundation, a non-profit watchdog, told the New York Post in April.

Another oversight organization, Charity Navigator, has the Clinton Foundation on a watch list over its spending.  (read more)

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 15:  (L-R) Former U.S. president Bill Clinton and former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attend the opening ceremony for the National September 11 Memorial Museum at ground zero May 15, 2014 in New York City. The museum spans seven stories, mostly underground, and contains artifacts from the attack on the World Trade Center Towers on September 11, 2001 that include the 80 ft high tridents, the so-called "Ground Zero Cross," the destroyed remains of Company 21's New York Fire Department Engine as well as smaller items such as letter that fell from a hijacked plane and posters of missing  loved ones projected onto the wall of the museum. The museum will open to the public on May 21.  (Photo by Mike Segar-Pool/Getty Images)

Disclaimer: This article was not written by Lorra B.

10 thoughts on “Hillary Clinton Charged The Boys and Girls Club $200k Then Snubbed The Kids…

  1. She and slick will be tried under RICO statutes, the same used to put Al Capone away for life. When they are found guilty let them spend the rest of their lives in prison wondering WTF happened. Of course Obama will order them released, all the more reason to impeach him or try him for treason. It’s called knocking off three dirt bags for the price of one.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s